Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ensures that all vertebrate animals involved in teaching or research at Washington State University receive ethical and humane care and treatment.
New protocols and 3-year resubmissions must be submitted on the new online forms starting February 1, 2018. See the Decision Tree here for details.
February 2018 Updates
New protocols and 3-year resubmissions must be submitted on the new online forms starting February 1, 2018.
IACUC Office will not accept new protocols or 3-year resubmissions on the old ASAF format (PDF). All amendments and annual renewals can continue to use the old PDF forms until the 3-year resubmission is due (see the Decision Tree here for details).
IACUC Working Group for Policy #20: Personnel Approval for Animal Protocols
Working group meeting to discuss changes to Policy #20 which are mandated by regulatory requirements is being organized. The details are below.
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Time: 9-10 am presentation; 10-11 am discussion and questions
Please contact IACUC office for more information at email@example.com or (509) 335-5353/7951
November 2017 Updates
IACUC Office will be closed for regular business from 5 pm Friday, December 22, 2017, to Monday January 1, 2018. For urgent issues, please email Rani Muthukrishnan at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Mike Kluzik at email@example.com
July 2016 Updates
June 2016 updates
Now available for downloading: “Reporting adverse/unanticipated events.”
This form is a part of an IACUC initiative to improve reporting and communication regarding adverse or unanticipated events with research or teaching animals.
Name changes for mandatory trainings
- Animal Awareness Seminar (AAS) has been renamed as Principles of Animal Care (PAC).
- Animal Contact Program (ACP) has been renamed as Occupational Health Training—Animals (OHT-A).
Refresher training for PAC
- Beginning September 1, 2016, all personnel who have previously completed PAC will participate in a PAC refresher course. The refresher training must be completed once every 3 years or as required.
- OHT-A also must be completed once every 3 years or as required.
- New personnel will proceed with the regular training of PAC.
Please call 911
Please call the Office of the Campus Vet:
If you suspect that a research program is not treating animals in compliance with ethical, humane standards, immediately call or email the compliance hotline: