Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ensures that all vertebrate animals involved in teaching or research at Washington State University receive ethical and humane care and treatment.
Last date to file new protocols and 3-yr resubmissions on old forms is January 31, 2018. See the Decision Tree here for details.
November 2017 Updates
IACUC Office will be closed for regular business from 5 pm Friday, December 22, 2017, to Monday January 1, 2018. For urgent issues, please email Rani Muthukrishnan at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Mike Kluzik at email@example.com
July 2016 Updates
June 2016 updates
Now available for downloading: “Reporting adverse/unanticipated events.”
This form is a part of an IACUC initiative to improve reporting and communication regarding adverse or unanticipated events with research or teaching animals.
Name changes for mandatory trainings
- Animal Awareness Seminar (AAS) has been renamed as Principles of Animal Care (PAC).
- Animal Contact Program (ACP) has been renamed as Occupational Health Training—Animals (OHT-A).
Refresher training for PAC
- Beginning September 1, 2016, all personnel who have previously completed PAC will participate in a PAC refresher course. The refresher training must be completed once every 3 years or as required.
- OHT-A also must be completed once every 3 years or as required.
- New personnel will proceed with the regular training of PAC.
Please call 911
Please call the Office of the Campus Vet:
If you suspect that a research program is not treating animals in compliance with ethical, humane standards, immediately call or email the compliance hotline: